0191 383 0184


Gas Safety - The Gas Safe Record

Rental properties which have gas appliances require a Gas Safe Record which is a certificate prepared by a suitably qualified Gas Safe engineer and is renewed annually and is the responsibility of the landlord or managing agent to obtain. You will receive a copy of the documentation at the commencement of your tenancy.

House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

An HMO is a property with three or more tenants forming more than one household and who share kitchen and bathroom facilities.A property for five or more tenants,forming more than one household and is over three floors must be licensed by the local authority.The responsibility to obtain the license is the landlords and they must ensure that the license is always valid.


The inventory is a schedule of the items,mainly furniture that is included in the tenancy by the landlord.You will be given the inventory at the commencement of your tenancy and will be asked to comment upon it as it is referred to at the end of your tenancy at the time of the inventory check out inspection.We recommend that before applying to rent a property you ask for a copy of the inventory in order that you are aware of the items to be included in the tenancy.